GIER’s first call for the Small Grants Program (SGP) is open!
The Guelph Institute for Environmental Research (GIER) is pleased to launch the 2019-2020 Small Grants Program (SGP). The GIER SGP has two goals in line with the strategic goals of GIER:
(1) Enhance the reputation of the University of Guelph with respect to environmental research and scholarship; and (2) Support the development of interdisciplinary environmental research.
Tenured or tenure-track faculty at the University of Guelph may apply for a small grant to support any environmental research or scholarship that supports the strategic goals of GIER.
Researchers may seek funds in support of:
- Collaborative, interdisciplinary grant proposal development in environmental research and scholarship
- Matching funds for environmental-themed grant proposals to external funders, particularly for interdisciplinary projects
- Direct costs of environmental research/scholarship, including:
- Salary/stipend support for Highly Qualified Personnel –undergraduate students, graduate students, or postdocs;
- Data collection, including travel for fieldwork, research supplies, etc;
- Knowledge mobilization activities, such as:
- Workshops or conferences hosted at UofG;
- Other knowledge translation and mobilization activities
Up to but not exceeding $15,000 per application.
More info and instructions to apply here.