Who are we?
We are veterinary professionals with advanced training in animal nutrition for both healthy animals and animals with medical conditions.
We consist exclusively of either Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists®, Doctors of Veterinary Medicine (DVMs) who have completed or are completing a clinical nutrition residency, and Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs) who have completed their Veterinary Technician Specialty (VTS) in nutrition.
To advocate for evidence-based animal nutrition and for veterinary nutrition education across Canada.
- Enhance veterinary nutrition programs and services within Canada through academic institutions, research, industry and private practice;
- Use nutritional expertise to improve the health and wellbeing of animals as a way to benefit society;
- Disseminate credible nutrition information to stakeholders;
- Encourage collaboration of the community of Veterinary Nutritionists in Canada;
- Promote the practice and teaching of evidence-based animal nutrition through encouragement of clinical research.
The Canadian Academy of Veterinary Nutrition (CAVN) is composed of Fellows who have dedicated their veterinary careers to animal nutrition. Visit the CAVN Fellows page to learn more.